Thursday 12 February 2009

Call It A Day

It's been a while since my last post. It's not been out of sheer laziness but more that I tripped and  dropped my laptop last Wednesday and the screen went blank. 

Panic set in, my Mum called and said she was glad I hadn't fell over (I know that's a Mum thing to say but personally, I wished it had been me that had landed with a thud rather than my brand new, beautiful machine) and try as I might it just wouldn't work. 

Anyway, it's back in action and so am I. It made me think though how reliant we are on technology and machines.

 Accessing email was a problem (no one talks on the phone anymore - so I was effectively cut off from the world) I couldn't have the access I wanted to Twitter or Facebook and most importantly couldn't check Gorkana (despite the lack of jobs - I like to regularly log on to the site - I think it's probably some weird kind of self-imposed torture! 

Sorry, clearly off on a bit of a tangent there. So here's the first chair for a week:

I thought long and hard about what my comeback chair would be; something large and traditional, something quirky, something bright or something serene. 

In the end, I plumped for something classic. 

Day Birger et Mikkelsen are best known for their fashion but they actually produce a great range of simple, classic homewares. 

I love this Woven Leather Camp chair. It's so simple in its design and but really, really beautiful. 

However, I think it's way too nice for camping (I definitely wouldn't risk it at Glastonbury) perhaps I could take it Glamping...


No comments: