Saturday 11 October 2008

Danish delights

A while back I interviewed a Danish home owner who had an amazing array of beautiful mid century Danish furniture in her home.

Expressing my enthusiasm for the pieces (and ok slight jealousy) it emerged that her boyfriend ran a business dealing in and selling original pieces. She asked if I would mind giving the website Kolmorgen a mention so I decided to check it out myself.

I'm not lying when I say I became a little giddy when I logged on. Kolmorgen, for me, is like a treasure chest. It's like opening a secret door to chair heaven.

My particular favourite is this rather majestic leather number by Han Wegner. I adore is winged arms, light caramel-coloured leather covering and most of all it's beautifully buttoned back.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to book my flight to Copenhagen...

1 comment:

Antiqueystar said...

Oh LOOOOOOOORDY LOOOORD!!! Can you fit me in your suitcase - i'm coming too Toso!!!!

I may have to nick this website for MY blog. Too good! Too good! I think i am getting overexcited!!!

x