Wednesday 1 October 2008

The one I own

Some people dream of Manolo Blahnik shoes, some Marc Jacob handbags (I love these too) but what I always wanted was a Louis Ghost chair by Philippe Starck for Kartell www.kartell.it

Call it a love at first sight, call it an almost obsessional desire but from the day I first clapped eyes on this amazing creation I wanted to own one.

So imagine my delight when a PR called me one day and said she was bringing a gift for me and was having trouble getting on the tube with it, I was, well a little excited.

Excitement quickly turned to mild hysteria when I saw her sitting in my reception with my dream chair.

You see these chairs (available at Nest www.nest.co.uk among other retailers) are special. Just like their creator, they have become a design icon.

My one sits in my dining room waiting for me to save enough money to buy its brothers and sisters and have a beautiful dining table to put them round.

No comments: