Saturday 4 October 2008

Petal power

London Design Festival was certainly a busy one but I managed to find time to attend the launch of Orla Kiely's new interiors collection at Heal's

Most famous for her handbags and clothing ranges, the designer has transferred her famous prints onto a collection of furniture.


Now, I'm usually not one for colourful chairs but this one is just so, for want of a better word, pretty that it's made it on to the blog.


Ok, granted it might be a little over the top to team it with the matching bedlinen, rug and wallpaper but I reckon in a neutral room, this piece is great for creating a floral statement without being too girly.


And it's also a big thumbs up from me to Heal's and Orla for combining my two great loves - fashion and chairs.







2 comments:

Lisa Lynch said...

Did you see the house in the Observer Mag today? V cool chairs...

Alexandra Thomas said...

No but I do have it at home so will check it out!