Saturday 10 January 2009

Fit for a prince

There seems to be a bit of a Danish theme going on with my two blogs at the moment; a cushion from Ferm Living on Cushions, cushions, cushions and now this chair from Louise Campbell, a designer who is half Danish, half English. 

You can read more about her esteemed and varied career on her website (this lady sure's got a lot of impressive design credentials under her belt) but what I really love of hers is this Prince Chair. 

Originally designed for a design competition - it didn't win (and I for one want to know why - had the judges perhaps forgotten their glasses that day?) but regardless of this, Danish furniture manufacturers, Hay put the chair into production. 

Made from laser-cut steel, rubber and felt, I adore its intricate design and that favourite combination of mine; something that should appear soft but is in fact hard as nails. 

This by the way, is my 40th post  since I started back in October, so perhaps as a little birthday present, Hay would like to send me one of these and I'll rename it Princess Chair...





No comments: