Wednesday 14 January 2009

Rockabilly

I've talked before about not liking traditional rocking chairs, they're jut a bit countrified for me and besides anyone who's ever seen The Woman In Black will understand my slight reluctance to like them. 

The RAR chair by Charles & Ray Eames for Vitra is completely different to my other alternative rocker and that's what I like about it. 

No horrible turned wood, but instead retro sleek moulded plastic, steel legs and delicate rockers. 

The chair is available in six colours all of them beautiful, I would like one in each, possibly as an alternative to my dining chairs, although I admit the rocking could hinder you slightly when eating soup. 

Charles & Ray are without a doubt  my favourite chair designers and I would have loved to have met them, that's not going to be possible of course, so I'll just keep writing about their creations. 


No comments: