Monday 12 January 2009

Spot On

It's all very well and good featuring designer chairs and vintage delights but we're in the midst of a recession and I, for one, am counting the pennies. 

Apart from that, it seems it's becoming increasingly important to support our high streets what with the demise of The Pier and Woolies

So, it's refreshing to see that the aforementioned high street aren't resting on their laurels when it comes to designing and producing furniture. 

This is the Porto from the SS09 collection at Next but you could be forgiven for thinking it had come from a small upholsterer. 

I love the spot one for fun and the cream one for pure sophistication but what I really love is the shape. 

I love furniture with curves and these chairs seem to me to have a definite nod to the 1920s. 

So, well done Next for not churning out formulaic, furniture and instead coming up with something a little bit special. 


No comments: