Thursday 8 January 2009

Here's looking at you kid

I recently had some friends to stay with their two young children and I'm ashamed to say, they didn't really have anywhere to sit.

I know, I know, shock and horror, how can you write a blog about chairs and not be able to provide adequate seating for your guests.

So I started doing some research to see what I could find in the way of cool chairs for cool kids.

Not surprisingly Philippe Starck has it covered and designed miniature versions of the Louis Ghost chair he created for Kartell

The Lou Lou Ghost chair is available in red, black, white and clear and if you fancy one or two for your rugrats you'll find them at Nest


It's never too easy to start a child's love affair with Eames, which is why if you want your kid to be a design expert, you have to invest in one of these now!

The Eames Elephant (ok, it's more a stool then a chair but hey it's cool) was originally a prototype design by Charles and Ray that never went into mass production.

Luckily for us Vitra have recreated the original design in plastic. It's available in five colourways and if you fancy Nelly for your sprogs, you'll find them at Nest



No comments: